Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breagha's Newest Quilt

Finished this quilt last night for my precious grandaughter, Breagha.

A special thank you is in order for Susan Miller Fitzgerald who sent me a link to a quilter's blog that I copied this pattern from.  This was such a fun quilt to make and I'll definitely be making another one soon.  Used 1930's reproduction fabrics again as they are such a fun thing for little people.



Just did out-line stitching on the blocks and a simple pattern for the borders.  Chose a bright yellow fabric for the binding.


Backed the quilt in a delicate floral flannel fabric.  I do not like working with flannel but it does make for a snuggly quilt for little ones. 

Now, off to the post office as this is another quilt on it's way to Scotland.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sharon this is just beautiful!!! You do all your work by hand? I love to hand sew, always have, but make my quilts by machine, which link gave you this pattern?

    ReplyDelete