Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Expensive Lesson Learned

A UPS truck just pulled up to my front door this evening.  Six yards of fabric that I have been patiently waiting for was finally being delivered.  It was only bleached muslin fabric but it was 120" wide and perfect for quilt backing.  The total cost of this fabric was only $40.80 and even when an additional charge of $18.99 for shipping was factored in....I still thought it was a bargain.  Imagine my stunned disbelief when UPS told me they needed another $33.12 for brokerage fees.  All of a sudden, my bargain turned into an expensive lesson regarding on-line shopping.  I love ordering fabric from the U.S. and should consider myself lucky that this is the first time I got stung with paying way too much for what I was getting.  I composed an indignant letter to the fabric store and have wiped that site from my list of places to order from. 
http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/.  I also told them that I would put their link on my blog to warn other Canadian quilters about the cost of doing business with them. To add insult to injury.....the muslin isn't even very good quality, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment